So I made it to 32 weeks before the dreaded bed rest order was declared! I've been having contractions for months now, but I thought nothing of it since "practice contractions" are normal after 28 weeks. Well turns out mine where more than just practice! I was getting said contractions every 10 min or so while I was at work, and they where uncomfortable, but not painful. I had an OB appt. that day so I mention the contractions to the nurse who says "oh thats normal". Okay, that's what I thought. As the doctor comes in, I have another contraction and she asks how many I'm having an hour. I tell her up to 6 and she quickly tells me that it is NOT normal, and I need to be checked to make sure they aren't changing my cervix. Sure enough, she checks, and I'm already 2cm dilated. I get put on medicine called Procardia, and told that I can keep working as long as I stop having the contractions.
So I start the meds that night, still have some contractions, but decide to try to go to work in hopes that the meds would work. Well I didn't even get to see a patient before the contractions started up again every 10 min. SO I went home. The next day was another OB appt with a different doctor, and he sees that I'm still contracting, doubles my Procardia, and puts me on bed rest. So here I am! I have another appointment tomorrow with an ultrasound to see how big this baby is, and to check for change. I'm really hoping to keep this little boy put for at least another 4 weeks. So keep the prayers coming!
2 comments:
I hope he listens to his momma and stays put for awhile longer!! Meanwhile, try to enjoy your "time off". Thinking of you!
Oh my goodness Jen! My prayers are with you to keep that little guy in there for a while! Just rent some good movies and catch up on some reading :)
Post a Comment